Yes we’re talking about MICE again. Nope, not the squeaky kind, the annual Melbourne International Coffee Expo that coincides with Melbourne Coffee Week.
Just like any good music festival, you should start looking at event time-slots and plan your day(s) at MICE. There is seriously that much going on at MICE – not to mention the Tea Expo going on right next door over the same weekend – you really do need to suss out the right events and stalls that are relevant to your business or interests.
If you’re feeling lazy check out our recommended itinerary –
WEDNESDAY 29TH MARCH
Be there to kick off the festivities at the official MICE Launch Party and the Australian International Coffee Awards Presentation. But don’t get too sh*t faced.
THURSDAY 30TH MARCH
- Don’t miss the BARISTA CHAMPIONSHIPS – open heats. Pick your faves and bet on who’ll be the winner!
- Cruise through Origin Alley and meet the people who grow your fave beans
- Then peruse Roasters Alley to check out who’s who and who’s new
- About time for lunch? Head outside to revive with some vitamin D and suss out the food truck eats
- Why not spend some time getting pro training with the best tips for novices and experienced barista’s alike
- Then rush to check out the COFFEE IN GOOD SPIRITS competition … to get you geared up for the evening
- Get some rest before hitting the BREW PARTY from 7pm
FRIDAY 31ST MARCH
- Go to Breakfast at Proud Mary’s
- If you make it in time, watch the BARISTA CHAMPIONSHIPS – semi final kicking off at 9.45am
- Suss out the Brewing Lounge – a new feature to MICE this year
- Be back in time to see the LATTE ART CHAMPIONSHIPS – open heats
- Chill out (this is optional)
SATURDAY 1ST APRIL
- First up this morning is the BARISTA CHAMPIONSHIPS FINAL!
- Now might be a good time to have a break from coffee and peruse the International Tea Expo (it’s right next door)
- LATTE ART CHAMPIONSHIPS FINAL!
- Revisit stalls or check out anything else before the expo officially closes
- OFFICIAL MICE 2017 AND ASCA AFTER PARTY
Let others know where you’ll be and what you think are the must sees of MICE by leaving a comment below.