So you think you want to start a café…
You’re not alone. We get heaps of people coming to us for advice on how to start a new business and we’re always more than happy to share our best tips.
While ditching the 9-5 and starting your business venture sounds exhilarating, there’s a lot of hard work that goes into making your new business successful.
We suggest doing some (or all) of the following;
- Business Plan!
- Write one, even if it’s a scribble on a napkin (some of the very best are)
- Get a consultant on board, someone you trust and someone who believes in your ideas
- Plan your direction & plan for growth
- Make big decisions
- Are you going to purchase an existing business or start a new one? Who is your target market? What role will you take in the business and how many people will you have working for/with you?
- Suss out your competitors, your target market, your local demographic and what’s trending
- Check out helpful websites such as http://www.smallbusinessbuilding.com.au/
- Decide on your concept
- start simple, do fewer things but blow people’s expectations out of the water
- Build your brand
- What is your new business ethos? What does your café brand stand for and what do you set out to change about the industry/community/world by trading?
- Partner with like-minded people
- The people you work with should echo your own brand ethos, morals and practices
- Build a community
- Get the people around you to feel as passionately as you do about your goals… they will help you achieve them and together you’ll build a network with your new business at the center.
For more information or tips get in touch with one of our café consultants in our consultancy team at Grouch & Co. Contact us via the online inquiry form on the website www.grouchandco.com